ELAP need you! While several staff attorneys provide critical legal services to domestic violence survivors, most of ELAP's legal services come from volunteer attorneys through advice clinics, brief services appointments, workshops, and direct representation.
Most of ELAP's programs are in East and Northeast King County.
- The area of biggest demand for direct services is in the family law area. ELAP can offer or connect you with free training programs to bring you up to speed or refresh your knowledge.
- ELAP needs well connected corporate counsels to serve on its Board of Directors. Managing an organization of this nature and size requires solid business skills.
- If you would like to help, but don't want to do lawyering, you are needed for other critical tasks:
- Legal Advice Clinic Intake Volunteer
- Phone Intake Line Volunteer
- Communications Volunteer
- New Media Volunteer
- Data Entry/Office Assistant.
If you are temporarily not engaged in the active practices of law, or are retired but still interested in putting your special skills to work, ELAP can provide you with the infrastructure you need while working with them:
- malpractice insurance
- prescreened clients
- law office support, including paralegals, computers and copiers.
You can earn up to six credits a year (18 in a three-year reporting cycle) through volunteering at ELAP. See APR 11 Regulation 103(f).
Learn More At: