Wednesday, January 01, 2020

First Day Of 2020!

I started the day with a warmup yoga
Then immediately into some low-impact fitness Now I am sweaty, ready for the showers and ready for the day!

I also saw this (technically while still in bed so before the warmup)
(With English Subtitles)

Fiber Donation Bin
I was thinking of not driving at all today - just hanging out and cleaning and playing with the cats as I changed ALL my passwords - but "Buy Nothing" had a cat scratching poll on offer, and we can always use another. So I drove to pick it up, and on the way made my annual fiber donation - the clothes that got too worn this year to keep wearing. This year, it was my last pair of blue jeans (I prefer black jeans), one shirt and a bunch of socks - they tend to wear out in flocks.)
Every year I get the idea of re-using the fiber on site, but nothing seems to work. I used old jeans under the little wooden step I build for my shed, and they block stuff from growing through the 2x4s, but otherwise I haven't found much else. Cotton and silk are technically organic materials but they don't seem to get composted in a reasonable time; there must be some additive to keep them from rotting on our backs. Also I don't really want their dyes in  my food garden. This fiber recycling bin seems a reasonable alternative.

I ordered a free credit report. According to https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports we get one free one each year from each of the three major credit reporting firms via https://www.annualcreditreport.com. This time I chose Equifax and saved it on my hard drive for later analysis. I scheduled time on Saturday to write letters to close unneeded accounts.

I planted some grape hyacinths in the heart-shaped garden. I'll be able to see them from my bedroom window some mornings!


No comments: