Thursday, June 18, 2020

Thursday Rewriting

I've been getting a lot more hits on 4freeCLE lately, possibly because there's a lot of COVID19 free CLE, and perhaps from a calendar I sent the Low Bono listserve. However, Adsense earnings are still very low, perhaps because I haven't put an ad at the top of the page; it seems to detract from the charitable and educational purpose of the blog. Maybe I need to get over that; everyone expects a reasonable number of ads.  I did break up the calendar feature, putting ads between the months. We'll see.
This afternoon I re-wrote the Toastmasters Club 832 (West Seattle) VP Education handbook, basing it on the outline of duties in the official TM handbook and organizing our special materials around that structure. I wish I'd had this version when I started the gig, although to be fair I could have just mentally retained the information the TM handbook; its format induced total MIGO. Perhaps what I will do with my next role is rewrite the Club handbook?
---


This morning I brought a radish to show Hannah and Julie, because I'm happy with how well my little gardening effort is going. We walked the crow route this morning: head to where the next crow is cawing. These days, that's in any direction you want.
There was a huge morning gathering of crows in a tree on our route, and an occasional bird bellow of another kind. Maybe a predator bird was bothering them although we could not tell what kind, if any.
I have seen many parking strip gardens, but I especially liked this one with a wavy border. If you're not going to garden the whole thing, you might as well have a playful border.
There was plenty of found art and constructed art in this ally, well-integrated with a Little Free Library too!





Camp Long, through the fence
We headed over to Camp Long, which I had never visited before. It's not open yet, but perhaps when I retire it will be a good destination for biking.
As we crossed back over I-35, we saw another well-painted traffic signal box. Maybe I'll start collecting those, too.


Another Hummingbird Nest!

Is Ginny Eating Chard???

No comments: