Friday, May 22, 2020

Well Met On A Long Walk

Today's walk started by Salty's on Alki (Jack Block Park was closed). Going along Alki we saw seals or sea lions resting on the buoys! There were not many other walkers out and many wore masks. I was wearing mine when one of my companions asked, "Isn't that Jenn?"
It was. I called to her and she looked puzzled, then I took my mask off and she recognized me (we were totally out of context). We had a delightful chat; we all enjoyed each other's company and the fresh air. Perhaps we'll do lunch soon but the social distancing thing is a complication.
Our walk went longer than expected as we took steps up from the beach to the top of the overlooking bluff. We didn't want to simply retrace our steps so we may have wandered a bit before coming down the road east of the former Pacific Institute building.
I had another FEEST shop, during which I chatted with CeCe who mentioned that Lees was her favorite shop for produce but it would be an extra stop for shopping. I resolved to stop by there on the way back, and filled up with various things. It's a local treasure! I also went to William Nute's to pick up the kindling he was giving away, which is already spoken for by Buy Nothing friends. He has more irisses to move on  but when I talked with Cyril (also today) he thinks Al can pick them up from my place to take to the CLC which has been neglected (understandable what with the staffing and pandemic problems). I have been working on my next speech and many other things around the house, including trying to learn to relax and enjoy occasional inactivity - but this does not come naturally.
Alki has a lot of rebar/sea life art

More Alki Art

"Life's A Beach" with cute buoys

Dancing Swimmers 

Berries Already!

Useful Map And Art

Blue Tree Is Blue

Steps To Seattle-Under-The-Sound

Drift Would


Former Pacific Institute.
Cue "Ozymandias"
Unofficial Park?

Road up (or down) the bluff

Wonder Stone Flowers

Back To Alki And My Car

No comments: