Sunday, May 17, 2020

Talk And Walk

Repotted!
This morning I did the full set of three short exercise routines. I read my email and was shocked to discover Alex and Laura's older car had been stolen! I can't do anything but offer sympathy.
Midday we had a Time Bank Membership Committee meeting, mostly reaturing a request from the TB Executive Board that we help out with a non-Membership activity involving writing a grant, by way of developing a very complete mission statement and plan. There is frequent tension between the vision of the Time Bank as essentially a factory for nonprofits to get volunteer, and mutual individual aid. The impression I got is that we wat to be helpful and can commit to some limited assistance, but for the larger task we're mostly not interested in adding another thing to our plate. Tamsen flattered us by pointing out that we were a very productive Committee so it seemed to the Board that we were good people to ask for more help. She talked a lot about the  hours we would get from this,  until I pointed out that the members of this Committee did not tend to be motivated by earning Timebank hours; we all had plenty and spent few; we had other motivations.
I'm not sure what will come of this, but I'm concerned that it's a whole lot of work for not much result.
I got a reasonable but not great walk in, picking up some stuff from "Buy Nothing" and also feeding the ducks and looking at the bees on the flowers.
I gardened a little, repotting some of the hens-and-chicks.
Evening was a variety of paperless projects, in including Toastmasters and WPTL. Now it's time for bed!



No comments: