Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Things That Make You Go Bam!

Scenes from this morning's walk that make you go bam!:

Little Art Installation

Alley Play Area!

Passion Flower With Passion
I ran one FEEST shop this morning, and got a text asking me to help out with another, so I ended up doing two - which filled much of the work part of the day.
At 6 I joined a Stage Time University call, prepared with my short little scene from my most recent speech, as it really is about a universal pain made mine. When there was a request for volunteers, I habitually let others go first and of course the audience was reluctant - so I remembered the advice to take every opportunity to take the stage and volunteered. I gave the first scene from "Up Down or Sideways" and got some praise and advice. What I remember most is that this is the seed for a speech on dealing with age.
I also enjoyed the doctor working on his humor about morbid things.
The rest of the program was very interesting; realtime comment on recorded speeches that were competition-level. I enjoy my home clubs but this is a higher level of coaching indeed. I especially noted the last speech (about running a marathon for her dad, and "Mile 17") and how its personal struggle made universal was more compelling about the preceeding "Subway Hero" speech which was objectively speaking about more danger, but was impersonal.
#ThingsThatMake YouGoHm !

No comments: