Thursday, April 09, 2020

Thursday Planning, Cat Pee, and Zoom

I started the day with the usual yoga and exercise, and then listened to today's edition of a health program sent me by my doctor. Today was about reviewing what I do in terms of my values, on the theory that if we live according to our values, health tends to follow. Of course, figuring out my actual values requiring cycling the question "why" through every expression of value to get back to what is under it all.
For example, today I want to get my TM VPE work totally up to date. Why? I do not want to disappoint my friends Why does that matter?and so on...

Also today I delivered Arthur's pee to vet, hoping to discover whether he's got an UTI or if I must look elsewhere for the explanation for his peeing on my bed. Not having y bed peed on is a value, and I'm not going to bother asking why?

Someone on Buy Nothing finally wants the little wooden hand-made table from the shed in 8848 that the landowner wanted cleared out. I even repaired the back brace, which had fallen off perhaps due to years of my resting my foot on it. I used my Leatherman to straighten the brads, and now it's ready to go be a computer table of a neighbor's even as it once my computer table.
I had left it outside for months, since I no longer have an indoor use for it. It was useful for potting, but that meant it had a layer of soil. I washed it off using cistern water (I avoid the faucet as much as possible either for environmental or cheapness reasons) and reattached the horizontal brace that had come off. Now it's ready to go.

I attended the Nordstrom TM virtual meeting and got more practice with the bluejeans interface, which I have not used elsewhere but you never know.

I had resolved to clean up any outstanding TM VPE work, spurred by John LeCompte's request for status of his  ACS application.

Come 4:30, it was time for Zumba with Reema via Zoom. It's not as good as in person but better than recordings!

Finally, as I went for my evening walk, I saw in the mail notification from Mass Mutual that I may be eligible for the pension I expected. I responded promptly with the SASE provided. It's on!

No comments: