Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday Like A Weekday

It's hard to remember whether this is the weekend or a weekday, but why would it matter?
Cats woke me up several times last night. Maybe I need to have sardine soup available for Arthur all the time; he really likes sardines if minced well and in water.
I did morning yoga and Reema's zumba class. Almost immediately afterwards, I attended Toastmasters Division G contest, I'm not sure I learned a lot but I hope I was supportive. While waiting for it to begin we were joking and, when conversation flagged, I googled coronavirus jokes, which got a laugh.
I disassembled the crib and laundered the cloth parts, in support of giving it away to someone on Buy Nothing. However I can't find their request anymore!
I practiced my contest speech on zoom, recording it. This was very educational;
  • I didn't like the sound; my voice sounded tinny. I don't know whether that's my mike or just an artifact of zoom's playback
  • I occasionally went "tch"
  • Looking at the camera instead of my face in the screen is hard
  • My practice of being closer to the cameria might work as I can be far more expressive than the speakers I heard today. 
  • One speaker was quite personal and that was helpful; maybe there's a way I can personalize my text even more.
I spent my Amazon credits (earned during a Microsoft focus group a while back) and ordered wireless earbuds (which include a mike). I should get them in time to try them out, if the coronavirus shipping problems don't mess that up.

Bob's Tulips are up.
Pretty, and a Memorial To Bob's Ideals

No comments: