Friday, April 10, 2020

Mask Brigade and Garden Friday

I did the usual morning yoga, madfit and gymra abs. It's nice to have the time.

A Seattle Mask Brigade donation
Today's morning project was picking up masks for the Mask Brigade.  I neatly prepared a route sheet including addresses and thankyou notes but created a problem for myself when I dropped a leading digit when copy/pasted an address. I should have checked, especially since I am increasingly having difficulties with this machine's browser and ancient mouse. Eventually, it all worked out, with the only impact being more driving and some unnecessary phone calls to the donor.

I shopped veggies at Lee's market. I mailed the form from MassMutual about my tiny pension starting in August; they needed to confirm my address and marital status.

I tried to donate clothes at Mary's Place but they had a sign on the door about not accepting donations during CORVID19. I have a similar problem with magazines and the VA Hospital. I'll have to think about storing donations in the basement.

My Dysfunctional Route
After lunch I finally got around to listening to the day's precision nutrition podcasts. I've been too busy for the first couple of days, yesterday (I think) I tried it, liked it well enough that it will become a daily habit, maybe while drinking coffee after m shower. I didn't do much with it, but I liked it. Today I got around to it at 4pm. I thought about Future Me sending Now Me a postcard about what the future is like. I used futureme to send a letter to myself a year from now. Since I am facing the big life change of pre-tirement, so it was nice to hear from the future that this was a mammoth success: I am financially ok and doing meaningful work with interesting people. I could never have gotten there if I had not taken that prudently planned leap. Good job Now Me! 

I gardened:
  • I put out some chard seedlings. They are so tiny!
  • Some of the pea seedlings I didn't plant last week continued to grow indoors, much faster than the ones outdoors. Maybe it's a question of warmth at this point? 
  • I started some tomato seeds; I'm going to try to follow the directions on the package this time. 
  • I started some more nasturtiums. The ones I'd planted outside I don't see at all; a couple I rooted inside looked eager to go into the soil.
Also
Mailing MassMutual Pension Information, Wearing Mask Made By Ellen
At Home

My Blue Pot Plant Chaos

No comments: