Friday, September 06, 2019

Mr Pie Says ...


"Mr. Pie says: "The best thing to do with fruit that is starting to get a little old is to stew it, put it in a pie shell, and bake until your kitchen smells like Heaven."

Kiara had gotten some very nice peaches but the last of them were going soft. I put them in the crock pot the other day. Today I harvested a little rhubarb and cooked that, then mixes that and the peaches into a crust  - experimenting with my silicon pie pan - and topped with frozen berries. Of course I inclued a lot of brown spices - cinnamon, allspice, etc.

The smell was heaven and the taste was good too!
---
After work (and before pie) I took my car to Miencke to fix the taillight. I'm used to changing bulbs in the front part of the car, but the tail lights are sealed in with screws that I don't have the tools to deal with. Luckily and very kindly, this shop fixed it for free. I will have to go back there next oil change!

No comments: