Wednesday, January 04, 2017

The Rhythm of Work

Getting back into the swing of regular work is quite a change from my former entrepreneurial life. It is natural to kick against the goad, but at the moment this actually seems like a valuable structure. I have x minutes in the morning and about twice that in the evening with which to get done optional activities. This morning I got a call into my health insurer, which ran a little over so I didn't pack lunch. This lead me to buying lunch at work, confirming the wisdom of packing my lunch every day, no matter how inconvenient.  There was nothing really wrong with the lunch I bought, except that I could have prepared it for about a dollar. I suppose some lessons have to be learned the slow way, including how to get things done between the beats.

No comments: