Monday, January 16, 2017

A Day of Service

Today I slept in as late as my cats would allow - maybe 6:30. I dropped off donations at the little red thrift store, and took a load of books from Pegasus to the VA Hospital. There I met Bob, the DAV Chapter Commander, to review a demand letter I'd written for the Chapter (... law degree comes through again!) We rendezvous'd back at the Chapter house with the Senior Vice Commander to discuss more organizational stuff; I got away with only two more small assignments (plus mailing the demand letters). I just finished the new stuff and am ready for a little TV, a little reading, and then to bed.
It's a good day! While driving I heard much of MLK's Temple Garden speech, which was new to me, and yet sounded familiar. Perhaps I should practice his speeches as a way of absorbing his values; our times seem difficult and yet surely are easier than his.

No comments: