Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014; Welcome 2015!

2014 was dominated by changes in my personal life, specifically, the ongoing drama of Kris' dumping me and urging me to abandon my home. We have reached an accommodation, and it remains to be seen how stable that is, but I am hopeful.
Professionally I am very pleased to have won my first (and so far only) case before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. For 2015 I intend to seek another client and win another case.
However, my professional endeavors acquired a new focus with Veterans and Friends of Puget Sound. I had been reluctant to assume the directorship of the organization, until I realized that I was merely being shy. The mission needs someone to step up and there's no reason why I can't do it. The first step is to convene an annual meeting in January and have the Board agree to a plan encompassing the things we've been doing anyway plus those we plan to do.  As Roberto Zamora said, in the beginning he didn't know what he was doing but it had to be done so he went ahead. That's what I want to do.
This evening I am deliberately going out and socializing, because I want to. Highland Park Improvement Club should be a good venue. I'll be back in 2015!


No comments: