Friday, June 05, 2020

Jack Block Park

Jack Block Park is now open, thanks to easing of the coronavirus restrictions, so we took a walk - not the sweatiest of exercise, but visually very pleasing.
















How to make change:
The right lever

A return to today's hot reality:
Black Lives Matter, but not enough, it seems.
I got confirmation my Social security claim was processed; payments to start in September. Apperently you collect the month after benefits are earned. That not really a problem for me, although unexpected.
I tried setting up mortgage autopay but once again ti required me to make this month's payments, meaning, I would end up making two payments this month, which I don't want. I called about that and they could not change it. It's not that bad; I just wait until the payment is made, then a couple days later I set up the autopay. It's just a matter of working out the details.
On the way to the 4pm Black Lives Matter demonstration I passed my bus pals' house, with the chalk poster on the bulkhead; we chatted briefly. One person at the demonstration talked plants a little bit, and I turned her on to the West Seattle Gardeners' group. Another turned out to be Cat Cassady who I knew through Buy Nothing and who had taken a photo of me through the window at the start of the COVID19 shutdown. We did not recognize each other in masks but eventually I asked. She took a selfie of us on Instagram but I haven't figured out how to download it.



Event Organized by
West Seattle Neighbors for Peace and Justice

No comments: