Sunday, October 06, 2019

Saturday Funpants!

You ever get to the gym and discover you forgot to pack your workout shorts?
This Saturday was that day. I felt both stupid and disappointed because I like the sweat and I know it's good for me, plus it's a chance to say hi to some friends.
I turned to go home, but stopped. My jeans have been loose lately; could I exercise in them? They were snug when I bought them, because I had resisted going up a size. But now? Maybe they had stretched out from wear; maybe I had toned up from regular exercise. The only way to find out was to experiment:
* Full squat - no problem!
* Deep plie' - ok!
I emptied my pockets, got on the floor, and hoped nobody noticed.
Nobody said anything. We were all fully occupied making sweat, not checking out the fashion. I got my full workout plus a happy lesson: while all this regular exercise did not cut my weight, it firmed me up pretty well.
After class, I boasted about this to the instructor, who laughed. "Yeah, I wondered why you were wearing jeans today. I figured everybody has their reasons. **eyeroll**"
We laughed. It turns out it's not true that nobody notices, but as long as you're getting done what you need to get done, who cares?

No comments: