Thursday, October 10, 2019

Ghosts on Lake Washington

Ghosts on Lake Washington
Today I took off work to hop a bus to Redmond for some user interviews. It's a sad fact that in two hours of work there I make a little more than I do at my current job
- but that's life! Perhaps I should just be happy with today's opportunity and forget the alternate timeline in which I took the Microsoft Orange Badge gig in the late 1990s instead of WSBA. What a change that would have been!
When the opportunity first came up I assumed I would drive, but that would have been madness. Seattle area rush hour is no fun! I checked the Metro KC trip planner and it assured me there was a route with only two transfers, which didn't really matter thanks to my pass. There was a few minutes of drama downtown as my stop was closed for construction but thanks to a nice passer by I was directed to where I could pick up my 2nd bus.
I got a nice photo going over the lake!
The event itself was fun, and thanks to the NDA all I can say is I talked a lot without a single "um"!
They let us keep our badges as souvenirs,
Or perhaps to reduce their solid waste issue
Coming back started out dramatically as I had neglected to plan out my route; my bus going there was not the optimum bus back. Again passers-by directed me to the most convenient spot to pick up the 545 back to Seattle and here I am!


No comments: