Saturday, August 11, 2018

Delridge Day community fair

On the way back to my car from the Delridge Day fair, I spotted these remaining blooms on a much larger plant. I started the day helping set up the fair, as my contribution through the West Seattle Timebank. It was fun setting up rain flys - the technology has greatly improved since I was in Boy Scouts! An assortment of community people were in the work party, such as a teacher at a local school who had grown up in the area and told about using the skate park every day as a child, and my friend Julie from the Time bank.
Later, I took Arthur to the doctor for his monthly eyedrain. He's doing quite well with his thyroid now that I have the dosing better, and he's gaining weight too - perhaps because I'm feeding him when he wakes me at 4pm - Shadow does not compete for his food then - and I'm also distributing the food during regular feedings in different rooms so the cats eat undisturbed by each other - mostly!
I returned to the fair in the afternoon to check out every booth as a simple fairgoer, and to take my daily photo. Now I am back and determined to make progress on clearing the basement by eliminating one box of stuff. Wish me luck!

No comments: