Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Back to Work

It was great having a three day weekend! I got a lot of stuff done including dropping a load of books at the VA straightening up here. However, work has to be done and I I'm delighted to discover that I like my coworkers as people. I am Not sure that I've had that experience to this extent ever. Part of it maybe this time I have learned how to make conversation draw people out, part of it may just be the atmosphere of the place. Doesn't matter?
---
Late last week Kris forwarded something to me from WSPA, and added the comment "How are things?"
I have gone all year (2016) without initiating conversation with her, but to reply to this seems to be different - it would politely responding to a query. So I wrote back saying that I was fine and asking how was Michelle, the cat that Kris took with her. Today Kris wrote back saying Michelle liked being an only cat and has lost a little weight. I think that ends the conversation since she did not ask you further questions, then I suppose that's fine. I have a happy little family here and that's enough. 
EDITTED: the first version of the above was more than usually incoherent, as it was the result of my blogging on my cellphone using speech-to-text, and then not copyediting. It may have alarmed a family member who asked me if I was all right - I am, I am in fact better than in a long time, albeit regretful that things didn't work out, but happy - and wiser about blogging!

No comments: