It seemed to meet John's requirements, so now we have all we need to schedule the thing. I sent the form to WSBA, dickered over the announcement wording with Bob and John, and then sent it out.
Not an hour went by before the first inquiry came about signing up. This is going to be great!
April 4: Seattle - Working To Deadline: A Lawyer Making His Last Years Count
Dear Section Members and Friends:
What lawyer wants to "die at your desk", with your legacy only a pile of paperwork completed?
Attorney Bob Dickerson, longtime member of the World Peace Through Law Section, faced this issue when his doctor said he had inoperable stomach cancer. Given 1-20 years to live, Bob reevaluated his life and career, and put his time and skills into public service.
Along the way, he's had a good time, made a decent living, and picked up a few tips on how to "do well while doing good".
Bob's going to share what he's learned ... and is still learning ... Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 10am. You are invited!
Saturday, April 4, 2015
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Doors open 9:30 - come early and mingle!
Fifth Floor Conference Room
Wilson Smith Cochran & Dickerson
901 Fifth Ave
To Be Applied For.
Not Guaranteed. But Then, What Is?
Pay It Forward.
- Seating Limited - Pre-registration not required but highly recommended.
- This event will be video recorded for free distribution on the web.
- Location provided courtesy of Wilson Smith Cochran & Dickerson http://www.wscd.com/
- Hosted by WSBA World Peace Through Law Section http://www.wsba.org/Legal-Community/Sections/World-Peace-Through-Law-Section
- Learn more about Bob's legacy
- Many thanks to http://www.results.org/
- Questions? Call Randy at 206-446-4667
"I learned to use my voice to change the world... Don’t be sitting in the bleachers at this historic moment."
— Bob Dickerson, RESULTS volunteer