Monday, November 24, 2008

JWs In The Morning

Walking back from the gym this morning, I saw a couple of sweet young women coming the other direction on the sidewalk. I moved aside to pass, and they looked straight at me with a smile ... not a common occurrence I may assure you ... and offered me The Watchtower.

I don't subscribe to the factual assertions of the Jehovah's Witnesses and I'm not sure about some of their prescriptions for life. But they aren't jerks and they aren't asking me for money; they are just offering me something for free.

So I take it. I'm not a jerk either.

I smile. They smile. Everyone is happy; no-one is harmed.

That's my religion.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

Dude, you're totally going to hell.


Being nice to people is great and all, but it's just not enough. You got to hassle people to believe like you believe.

My neighbors were JWs, and were jerks with or without the religion. ON the other hand, I knew this Mormon kid, and I went caroling with his youth group. It was interesting. I was very nice, despite not believing a word of anything, except that the RV we were in was pretty sweet. And I was incredibly curious about his faith - faiths are so cool when people aren't mean about them, and people love to talk about it. I learn something, they get to talk. Everybody's happy! (Lord knows I love to talk.)