The haze of praise around Tim Russert's career obscures one basic truth: while he may have been a nice guy who loved his kids and died too soon, he failed time and again to ask basic questions:
- How many times did you use cocaine, Mr. Bush?
- Have you ever been arrested, Mr. Bush?
- Why did you choose, as Vice President, the man who headed your Vice-Presidential search committee?
- Why won't you let the Blix inspections finish before invading Iraq?
- Was finishing "My Pet Goat" really more important than standing up and defending America on 9/11?
Nice guy. Just another corporate media hack.