Sunday, October 13, 2019

Plan

My big goal for today is to set a plan and then follow it.
I do a lot of things and I accomplish a lot of goals, but an honest evaluation of my efforts is that they would be more effective if I would plan better. I can make lists and priorities and even GANTT charts and so forth, but actually sticking to the plan is difficult as I am easily distracted.
So.
Today my plan is to
  • Plan
  • Clean for an hour
  • Take Arthur to the doc
  • Check the oil in the car and swap pants at Costco for a pair with my real size (36x32 not my idealized 34x32)
  • Garden one hour (it's not supposed to rain; being outside is the best thing for my health)
  • Earn 1 CLE credit watching AboveTheLaw's video
  • Empty inboxes
    • Phone
    • email (yahoo, gmail, outlook)
    • wooden box
  • Organize TM: followup on 10/15 meeting organization and 10/22 20x20
  • Write TM: Tip of the day for 10/15; first draft of 20x20 PP for 10/22
  • Network: check with Cyril, St. Ed's, Timebank, Buy Nothing, WPTL, what else?
  • Watch this month's movie (probably Bohemian Rhapsody but who knows?)
  • Rest on time
Let's see how that works!

RESULTS
Successes:


  • Cleaned for an hour (got a lot more cleaning to do!)
  • My usual oil change place is closed! I rescheduled oil check for next weekend
  • Costco went fine. I have to face the fact I'm a 36x32 not 34x32!
  • Gardening was so much fun and there's so much to do I went for hours. And by "gardening" I mean "clean up the detritus of years that I'd just shoved by the recycling bin". Must of that is leftover from the Carlo era. Much of it I posted on Buy Nothing and will recycle if it doesn't go.
  • TM+Tip O'The Day draft in progress! I also checked with the meeting Toastmaster to see if other help is needed
  • Above The Law video: I didn't get to it (gardened instead). Reschedule.
  • Networking. Chatted briefly with Cyril; will meet with him Monday. Reschedule the rest
  • Move: Bohemian Rhapsody. It's excellent





No comments: