Sunday, July 28, 2019

My Miniature Rose Metaphor

My Miniature Rose Flourishes
In A Repurposed Bucket Of Wood And Rush
Today I stayed at home and focussed on working to plan, mostly on projects around the house. I am very good at making plans, but my weakness is sticking to them. Lots of distractions keep emerging, mostly opportunities, so at the end of some days I'm not sure whether I got anything done.
I got a lot of yardwork in, including moving duff that had gathered in my drive (mostly from the trees) to the hole in the back where the girls had attempted to dig out the roots of the elderberry. That aweful bamboo from next door had infiltrated the duff, sending a root deep into it, hoping to expand its territory. I suppose this is a lesson to me on something or other.
Someone from Buy Nothing came by to pick up some of my surplus flowerpots; I'm simplifying the patio space by getting rid of a lot of marginal items and it's nice that other people will get use out of it.
I'm keeping the old ice cream bucket that I got as a thrift store discard. It never worked for me as an ice cream making, but it's a perfectly decent planter for tiny roses.

No comments: