Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Sue-Lon Volkssport

For NYD my friends Julie and Hannah suggested I join them + some pals in a 10k walk with the local American Volkssport Association. It's a chance to tour odd bits of West Seattle and meet new people while getting healthy exercise.
We assembled at the high school, filled out a form (an insurance waiver probably) and set out clutching directions but mostly following the orange ribbons in the trees.
After about have a kilometer we were discussing something important - or possibly not - when a speedy walker passed us on the left. This was Sue-Lon Webber, a friend of the family from 1956, who I had not seen in more than a decade!
I made introductions all around and for the next 9.5 miles she told me about her family and I told her about mine, we saw some harbor seals and holiday decorations and in short this was an excellent chance meeting.
The lesson is: go outside, walk around, and be open to what happens!







No comments: