Thursday, February 06, 2014

Thoughts On Grandpa Cecil Winnie Planting An Apricot Tree

Cecil Winnie in Albuequerque
"The best time to plant a tree was fifty years ago. The second best time is today."
I am systematically scanning mom's photo albums. Every day I scan one, or perhaps a set. Where there is an inscription on the back, I scan that too. This one is of Grandpa Winnie (dad's step-father) planting down in Albuequerque. Ever wonder whether the family now enjoying the tree Grandpa planted knows of our connection?
The inscription on the Back of photo reads: "This was taken last year, just had it developed. Thanks to Witches Brew the tree is twice as big. It is an apricot. Grandma. GRANDPA CECIL WINNIE. 743A"
As I write, I am looking at the apple tree I planted last year. Hello, Future Family Unknown - I hope you enjoy the fruit as much as I enjoyed the planting!

No comments: