- Step-by-step directions for identifying your own buttons
- Descriptions of 140 different materials from ABC to Zirconia. Typical of the care with which the material is presented is that Zircon is carefully distinguished from Zirconia!
- Lots of cross-referencing, making it easy to find what you're looking for
- Over 1850 color images of great clarity, including some backs, back marks and shanks.
- Emphasis on problematical or misunderstood materials and techniques, such as how to distinguish between several different polymers.
If you're a button collector, or looking for a gift for a button collector, this is the book you want!