I had found them in a bag when I cleaned out the pantry; they were a little dry and had put out short roots, so I just plunked them here and there as an experiment. It turns out it was a very successful experiment, and they shot up so many leaves that they were crowding out the other things nearby.
I wanted to give those other things a chance; for example, one of our half-casks are going to be full of cut flowers (I hope). At the same time, I wanted a few more plants to shape the pathway from our driveway to the backyard. Earlier this week, we had a couple stopping by casually to look at our raingarden and while the garden looks nice, to get there I had to take them past a rather disorganized, dare I say "seedy", collection of not much. I reorganized things to shape the overly-wide walkway into a path lined by plants in pots, except that I had more pots than plants.
So today I put those extra potato plants into the pots. The results are as shown. The leafy plants have a pleasant look and line the path nicely. I suppose they'll die back in the fall, and I'll do something different then ... maybe plant rainbow chard. I expect I'll get some potatoes out of the deal as well - not a huge amount, but enough for a meal per pot. And in the meantime, I got some satisfactory plants AND did not waste the old spuds - surely a win for all involved!