|There was not much soup leftover.|
Which is always a good sign!
- Cube and steam some parsnips and a celery root, then mash them good
- Brown some bacon in a cast iron skillet and fish the meaty part out
- In the hot bacon grease, carmelize half a large sweet onion
- Chop the bacon when it's cool
- Put everything except the grease in a sauce pan with 4 cups of water and half a large can of pumpkin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Take about 2 pounds of salmon (perhaps half of a side of a pink); put 4 springs of dill on it and one minced shallot
- Steam the salmon 6-8minutes, then peel it, debone it, and loosely chunk it into the sauce pan
- Bring it up to a low simmer. Get it hot, but not so hot that it scorches.
- Add half a can of coconut milk, bring up the heat and enjoy!