Friday, July 16, 2010

"I Write Like" Mark Twain?

I gave the "I Write Like" website took a sample of my writing ("Dirt Cheap Salad Fixings") and it spat out the answer: I write like Mark Twain!


I write like
Mark Twain
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Do I believe it? Of course I do! Mark Twain was the greatest American writer I know of, so naturally, I am inclined to believe the site. Don't we tend to believe what we want to believe?

But maybe I should try a few more samples and see if the results change.

That's just fine. Poe, Clarke and Twain are fine by me. I'm not clear who David Foster Wallace may be, but I've seen some of his novels at the thrift store. I don't know that I need to read any, if I can get the same effect just reading my own stuff!

No comments: