Tuesday, March 03, 2009

One Problem I Have Avoided Mark 19: 16-22

Mark 19: 16-22
"Just then a man came up to Jesus and said, "Teacher, what good deed should I do to have eternal life?"

Jesus said to him, "Why ask me about what is good? There is only One who is good. If you want to get into that life, you must keep the commandments."

The young man asked him, "Which ones?"

Jesus said, "'You must not murder, you must not commit adultery, you must not steal, you must not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'you must love your neighbor as yourself.'"

The young man said to him, "I have kept all of these. What do I still lack?"

Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me."

But when the young man heard this statement he went away sad, because he had many possessions."
Now, I'm not sure I can claim never to have told a lie, and as a happily married man, there is a definite limit on the amount of love I'm giving my neighbor.

But that young man's last problem --- too many possessions --- I think have solved!

No comments: