- Its focus is narrow enough that you know what you're getting when you go there (unlike, for example, REWinn Scrapbook)
- It has new material often enough, but not too often.
- The rate of new material is predictable: there's one new strip a day, therefore one new blog entry a day.
- It lets visitors address serious issues (politics, sexism, lousy writing) in a light-hearted way
- Its audience is small enough that you can make a noticeable comment, without being washed away by a thousand others.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Duck And Cover!
I enjoy Duck And Cover, a blog commenting on a badly-written political comic, for reasons that (I ponder) may give a useful general formula: