Friday, August 21, 2015

Second Filing Friday

Friday I filed the Pre-Conference Memo in my 2nd case before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Of course, this was an important thing for the veteran whose cause I was assisting but it was also a milestone for me; the first case was something I'd promised to do when I took the class, this second case was something I sought out from the Consortium. I deliberately declined to file for an the extension often granted for reviewing the record, calculating that the statutory weeks to do so would be sufficient if I looked at this matter as a job to do, not merely volunteering. Apart from the customary worry when as the deadline approached that maybe I needed the extra time (I didn't), the operation has gone smoothly - thanks to timely advice from my mentor of course.
This is real lawyering.
I am a real lawyer!

No comments: