Saturday, May 03, 2014

Saturday Triple Play

Today I awoke early and cataloged free CLE for a while, until it was time to go upstairs for coffee. I went to the Y for the Saturday morning class - since the weather was decent, we did our warmups outside, consisting mostly of running up and down a hill. There were planks and stuff too, but they were basically restful after running uphill. All-in-all, a fine class and I fell I had really earned my chow.
Since the showers were holding off, I decided to take my bike to Aaron's for a tune-up. It really hadn't gotten care for years, so I figured it was worth it, considering all the benefits it could give me. Kris wanted to come along so we walked and talked as friends. The tune-up process took maybe an hour, and they'll have to come back for more extensive work in June, but for now they're rideable, and  took great pleasure in riding back.
In the evening I went to a Sustainable West Seattle meeting, and decided to join. It was an interesting group of people working on things that interested me, and I need to get out a bit anyway.
This evening I have completed the cataloging of events for the 4freeCLE blog, and have set up the weekly newsletter for editing. I had hoped to get it done tonight, but I almost always work on it on Sunday, so that'll be o.k.
Today's picture comes from my experimenting with the herb garden. Kris seems highly averse to dealing with anything that comes out of the garden, but I've discovered I like grabbing chives or whatever, when it's available. They may be a place for dried herbs in a baggie or a jar, but the first step is to dry some out.

No comments: