- "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. (Matthew 19:21)
- "Sell your possessions and give that money to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys" (Luke 12:33)
Look what his original followers did!
Just look at what he did!
- Jesus never charged for curing the sick!
- The only time Jesus got angry at another human being was when he whipped the moneychangers!
- "They began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need." (Acts 2:45)
- "There was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales and put them at the feet of the apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need" (Acts 4:34-35)
- "For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened; but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack—that there may be equality. As it is written, “He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack.” (2 Corinthians 8:13-15)
Now, I'm not gonna offer an opinion as to any of the above is a good idea, but don't you find it shocking that a network of TAX-EXEMPT organizations throughout of USA should be preaching such SOCIALISM!!!
UPDATED: The photo above is only a simulation of the actual Jesus, taken from my Roman Catholic Seminary:
Also: I have to work in Luke 6:24 : "But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort."