Monday, April 09, 2007

Remembering Stolp Netflix

Back in 2007, Kris' mother Ginger was staying with her mother to provide living assistance. Ginger lived in a small housetrailer on the family farm in Chewelah, WA. Her mom was quite elderly and infirm, while Ginger was unemployed so this seemed like a reasonable arrangement. However, she said the TV reception was not very good there.
I suggested getting them a subscription to Netflix. At the time, this was a service that would mail you you DVD selections, and when you returned some, would mail you the next on the list.
I set it up and paid for it of course (Kris was never very good at either setting things up or paying for them - other than the rent which is significant.) I can across Netflix's welcoming email, which said we'd set up the account in the name "Stolp" and listed the 1st 3 movies: "Happy Feet", "Deep Sea IMAX", and "Walk The Line".
I am happy to have made life a little bit better. I neither got nor expected thanks, although a couple of times I was told that they enjoyed it. Perhaps that is what they thought a thank-you was.
Anyway, they're out of my life and into my history! 

No comments: